(1) Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
(2) For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are
opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
(3) They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought
against me without a cause.
(4) For my love (of God) they are my adversaries: but I [give myself unto]
(5) And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
|(1) Please God take action.
(2) False witnesses rise up against me. Here comes the reporters and T.V.
(3) They make up stories and twist the facts.
(6) Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right
(7) When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his
prayer become sin.
(8) Let his days be few; [and] let another take his office.
(9) Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
(10) Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them
seek [their bread] also out of their desolate places.
(6) Appoint a wicked man against him: let an
accuser bring him to trial RSV (give him a
dose of his own medicine.)
(7) When he is tried, let him be found guilty; let his prayer be counted
as sin. RSV Let his prayer be counted as
sin = Let his own defending testimony in court be used against him.
|(11) Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the
strangers spoil his labour.
(12) Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there
be any to favour his fatherless children.
(13) Let his posterity be cut off; [and] in the generation following
let their name be blotted out.
(14) Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD;
and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
(15) Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off
the memory of them from the earth.
|( 11) More and more government is using forfeiture
laws to seize property. It is often legalized theft. "Lord, let those
thieving bureaucrats lose everything."