O that there were
such an heart in
These are the final verses of
Deuteronomy 5: In Exodus the people agreed (through Moses) to obey God with
these words, "All that the Lord has spoken we will do."
- Deuteronomy 5:28-33 And the
LORD heard the voice of your words, when ye spake unto me; and the LORD said
unto me, I have heard the voice of the words of this people, which they have
spoken unto thee: they have well said all that they have spoken.
- O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all
my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children
- Go say to them, Get you into your tents again.
(Send the people home.)
- But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak unto thee all the
commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which thou shalt teach them,
that they may do [them] in the land which I give them to possess it. (Moses you
stay here. I want to talk to you.)
- (Teach the people) Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye
shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
- Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that
ye may live, and [that it may be] well with you, and [that] ye may prolong
[your] days in the land which ye shall possess.
First page in this
Note: There is no